Are you a motivated and curious engineer looking out to work with one of the biggest data centre companies in the world? If yes, read on.
- If shortlisted, candidates need to visit STT Global Data Centre's at their Bangalore/ Chennai/ Delhi/ Mumbai/ Pune offices at a later date for interviews (No exemptions will be made).
- If selected, candidates need to join STT Global Data Centre's in-premise at their Bangalore/ Chennai/ Delhi/ Mumbai/ Pune offices. This is a work-from-office-only opportunity.
About the company
STT GDC is an integrated global platform of carrier-neutral and advanced data centres across developed and emerging markets. Since its establishment, the STT GDC platform has expanded rapidly to build a significant presence in major economic markets. Currently, STT GDC actively manages a portfolio of over 170 data centres with an aggregate IT load of 2.2 gigawatts and net floor area of >10 Million sq. ft. across Singapore, India, the United Kingdom, Thailand, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, and the Philippines.
STT GDC is operating since 2004 in India with a 33% market share in the Indian colocation market. 21 DCs across 9 cities, 215 MW IT load, and projected to double in the next 3 years.
- 2023 batch BE/ BTech (Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics/ Mechanical)
- Good academic track record
Join eLitmus groups to start getting consistent updates on High-Quality Jobs that are relevant for you - elitmus.com/subscribe_groups
- The GETs are expected to understand the criticality & nature of work at the Data Center (DC) and undergo on-the-job training encompassing various domains of engineering services such as Electrical, Mechanical, IT, Safety & Security systems.
- Primarily responsible for supporting the construction of New DC and/or running of DC Operations by resolving breakdowns and assisting in preventive maintenance.
- Required to drive improvement across the site in terms of new equipment, hygiene, safety, quality, performance, and customer communication.
- On successful completion of training, will be first-level contact for customer escalation and communication.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders such as customers, technicians, partners, and cross-functional team members such as Design & Build team, Supply chain management, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience.
- Understand & Follow the best practices to bring in the optimization of power & cooling.
- Coordinate with the help desk & customer support team on providing the right data at the right time.
- Coordinate with the help desk & submit on-time service reports, and incident reports as per the agreed SLA of Customers.
Skills (Technical aspects):
- Conversant with Basics of Electrical Practices.
- Proficient in a domain engineering subject
- Basic knowledge of automation systems such as BMS, SCADA, IOT, VR, AR, machine learning, AI, etc.
- Troubleshooting mindset on resolving problems in a structured manner.
- Knowledge & hands-on experience in MS office such as MS Word, MS Excel, PPT, Outlook, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to understand electrical drawings.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic analytical and decision-making skills.
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Logical and flexible approach to working.
- Practical and positive attitude
- ₹ 10 Lakhs (Including Retention Bonus of ₹ 3.5 Lakhs)
- We understand that despite having state-of-the-art proctoring systems for remote tests, few of the candidates engaging in malpractices go undetected.
- Therefore, on the interview day, all the tests which a candidate had taken in remote mode as part of the selection process will be administered in person again