About the company:
Ribbon Communications builds secure real-time communications tools for both legacy networks and next-generation mobile and cloud environments. Born out of the recent Sonus Networks and GENBAND merger that was finalized last October, Ribbon Communications brings together two companies that have been at the forefront of real-time communications for the past two decades into one unified organization.
- 2018 batch BE/BTech (CS/IS/IT/ECE/Electronics/Telecom) or MCA
- Good pH score
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We have need for GPS/EMT Engineer to support customers that have deployed Session Border Controller products. The ideal candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting, root causing, and resolving tier 2 level technical issues reported by customer. SBC customers are usually telecom carriers around the world.
- Interface directly with customers via phone, email, and IM.
- Own customer reported trouble tickets filtered through tier 1 support organization and take them to resolution.
- Analyze problem reports, replicated customer environment; reproduce customer issues in our lab.
- Escalate issues / problems root caused as software defects in to Engineering organization as required. Work with Developers to resolve the situation, perform software upgrades
- Must be available on-call
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix.
- Good understanding of database (mysql, psql)
- Understanding of network and telephony environments is a plus.
- Understanding of VoIP protocols is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.