Newton (Cloudmagic) :
Newton is an app used by 3 million users worldwide to simplify and modernize email. Newton(CloudMagic) has won the Webby’s (the Nobel prize for the internet), identified by Google as a Top Developer and much more, as an Android Developer you would be a key member of the team that makes all of this happen.
Here are some metrics on the load we handle every day:
- 67M push notifications sent
- 105M HTTP API requests served
- 3.6M emails read using CM
In this role, you will be responsible for building, releasing features on Android to compete with the likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft of the world, with products like Inbox, etc. and better. You will be behind the Indian team building this world-class product.
What you will learn on this job
The job will teach you the discipline to write high-quality code shipped in a short time in addition to working with the amazing coworkers at CloudMagic!
What you will be responsible for:
- You will translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining high-performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
Skills required :
- BE/B.Tech in CS/ IT or equivalent with 1-3 Years of experience in android.
- Atleast one app published on Play Store (please share links to your Android apps on Play Store)
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation and monitoring
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate.