About the company:
Bidgely (which means 'Electricity” in Hindi) is an innovative technology startup which aims for disaggregation of power consumption at a household level.
In countries like USA & UK and Japan there is peak load pricing applicable on electricity bills unlike India (where fixed per unit charge is applicable). To help out the consumers understand when and where they can save the electricity most by understanding usage patterns , hourly analysis, giving notifications if usage is more and bill predictions. It uses data analytics and pattern finding techniques on power consumption graphs to calculate the power consumed by each individual device in a household without plug-in monitors.
Founded in 2011 by Abhay Gupta and Vivek Garud out of a Mountain View garage, Bidgely has come a long way. It got recognized as an Energy Innovation Pioneer at 2015 IHS EnergyCERAWeek for using ground-breaking Saas analytics for transforming energy usage and was also voted as one of the top 100 clean technology companies worldwide by CleanTech.
With a young and exuberant team of data scientists, engineers, salespeople and marketers, Bidgely provides a fun and competitive environment with a zeal to achieve its goal of changing the perspective of 5.6 billion people with access to electricity, on energy efficiency.
Bidgely is looking for extraordinary and dynamic Data Analysts to be part of its core team in Bangalore. You must be a highly analytical individual who enjoys working with data and can find interesting patterns & issues. Be part of a highly energetic and innovative team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
2. SDET :
· Design and develop framework, internal tools and scripts for testing large scale data systems, machine learning algorithms and responsive User Interface.
· Understand requirements, design exhaustive test scenarios, execute manual and automated test cases, dig deeper into issues, identify root causes and articulate defects clearly.
· Simulate and test data streams from various hardware devices.
· Strive for excellence in quality by looking beyond obvious scenarios and stated requirements and by keeping end user needs in mind.
· Deliver a high quality robust product in a fast paced start-up environment.
· Collaborate with engineering team and product management to elicit & understand their requirements and develop potential solutions.
· Stay current with latest technology, tools and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision makers
Desired Skills :
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Should have the ability to sift through large data, identify patterns and find issues.
· Able to communicate succinctly and effectively.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
· Experience with data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel, R etc. would be a plus.
· Fluency in scripting and programming in perl /python/ C/C++/ Java would be a plus.
- Based on your interest/skill you will be interviewed either for Data Analyst or SDET Position during the selection process.
- If selected you will be on an Internship for the first 6 months, post successful completion of the Internship period, your position will be converted to permanent employment with a higher compensation.