About the company:
MAQ Software delivers innovative software applications for Fortune 500 companies to increase their productivity. Our solutions use Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server 2014, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android. Leading business magazine Inc. has listed us as one of the fastest growing companies for seven years (a rare honor).
As part of our fast-paced team, you will help deliver over 100 software solutions every year in an agile and fast-paced manner. As a part of the project-based consulting organization, you will get exposure to multiple projects using the latest technologies. The company employs over 500 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, WA, and India (Hyderabad and Mumbai). As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving team, you will take part in sprint planning, product definition, and software implementation.
We foster an intense work culture with a can-do attitude. All of our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing a company and mentoring software engineers. Due to our smaller size, we adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest software engineering practices and fast development cycles. Our developers routinely work on challenging technical problems that utilize the latest technologies for fast-paced software delivery.
Examples of some of our projects:
- One of our clients has recently made huge investments in marketing and sales using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The client wants to see which of these social networks are producing positive outcomes and providing key opportunities. The data is the entire universe of social data, and reports need to mine through each entry to identify strengths and weaknesses. The consolidated, cleaned and transformed data needs to be presented using an HTML5 platform that can be accessed using both portable and fixed devices.
- Display web site traffic data for ten million users per day. To display the web traffic pattern, you need to evaluate front end technology alternatives (native HTML5 controls or PowerBI and so on). Some of your considerations will be development and testing effort, browser compatibility, rendering speed, database connectivity and load time. You have to come up with the optimal approach and implement it within three weeks. Some of the tools used are Visual Studio and SQL Server 2014.
- For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from a different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed ETL packages to pull a high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using HTML5-based controls with optimal page performance.
- BE/BTech (CS/IT) / MCA from 2016 batch
- Good academics (60 % throughout)
- Good pH score
- No active backlogs
- Candidates who can do internships in whole of 8th semester. Internship will start from latest Mid January
Stipend and Benefits:
- INR 20,000 per month
- Relocation benefit – Up to Rupees 5000
- Reimbursement towards the certification examination fee for clearing approved Microsoft® and other vendor certifications
At MAQ Software, we give you an opportunity to be an integral part of the company during internship and work very closely with our project teams. You will get an opportunity to learn and work on latest technologies on Microsoft platform while working on your project. Your key result areas as percentage of your overall work items will be:
- Gather Software requirements (~20%)
- Application development using C#, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Server, ASP.NET (~50%)
- Business Intelligence (BI) application testing (~10%)
- Code Analysis using quality tools (~10%)
- Training and certifications (~10%)