About the company:
With over 100 Million users globally, Truecaller is today a household name. It is one of the first few apps that a smartphone user installs on their phone to identify unknown callers from a database of over 1.6 Billion phone numbers.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Truecaller is funded by prominent venture capitalists like Sequoia Capital, Atomico and KPCB.
Truecaller is a truly global company with employees from 35 different nationalities spread across offices in San Francisco, Stockholm, Brazil, Dubai and New Delhi.
Number of positions: 15
- 2010/11/12/13 batch BE/BTech/MCA (CS/IT/Mathematics)
- Good academic record
- Good pH score
- Experience in Java J2EE, MySQL
- Over 2 Billion searches are made on Truecaller every month and we block more than 6 Million spam calls every single day
- The Platform team’s goal is to build a scalable, reliable and secure system to manage Truecaller’s ever growing global traffic. This includes designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for large systems, investigating new alternatives/technologies and innovating the system. Currently Java is being used
- As a key member of this team, you will be responsible for Truecaller's backend application development while providing expertise in the entire SDLC
- Our tech stack consists of (but not limited to): Java EE, Dropwizard (Jetty, Jersey, Metrics, Jackson, JDBI), Mysql, Elastic Search, Kafka / Hadoop / Spark, Git / Gerrit / Jenkins / Nexus, Akka actors for concurrency and orchestration, HaProxy for load balancing
- Additionally, you will also be developing for new features/products and have an important role in architecture decisions
- Candidates must hold a valid passport and must be willing to relocate to Sweden. Relocation formalities will be taken care of by Truecaller
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must
- While in countries like US and India one needs to save substantially to cover costs towards retirement, children and healthcare, in Sweden one is not burdened by the same
- It is relatively easier to get a dependent Visa for your spouse, and he/she can get a work permit too if willing to work in Sweden
- The mother and the father are together entitled to up to 16 months paid leave per child
- National strategy for parental support. The overall objective of the strategy is that all parents should be offered parental support throughout the period the child is growing up and is aged 0–17
You can read more about working in Sweden here: http://work.sweden.se/
- Please upload a latest copy of your resume while applying to the job. Applications without resumes will not be processed
- All the applications for above job profile will be processed through eLitmus only. And no profiles will be directly entertained by Truecaller
- Please update your experience in the profile -> professional section (with companies and technologies worked in past)