About the company:
Sasken is a leader in providing Engineering R&D and Productized IT services to global tier 1 customers in the Communications & Devices, Retail, Insurance and Independent Software Vendor space.
Sasken’s deep domain knowledge and comprehensive suite of services have helped global leaders in verticals such as Semiconductors, Consumer Electronics, Smart Devices, Automotive Entertainment, Enterprises and Network Equipment maintain market leadership. In the Retail, Insurance and Independent Software Vendor verticals, Sasken enables customers to rapidly re-architect their suite of IT Application and Infrastructure.
In the 25 years of our existence, we have established ourselves as pioneers in creating IP and solution accelerators that have been a part of over 200+ commercially shipped unique products of globally leading OEMs. With over 70 patents, we have been at the forefront of technology and enjoy a reputation of being a technology leader.
Sasken's solutions are backed by CMMI Dev Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 27001 and TL 9000 certifications. Sasken’s proprietary quality management system strengthens our business offerings and ensures client satisfaction. Sasken’s commitment to environment is highlighted by its ISO 14001 certification.
- 2014 batch BE/BTech (CS/IT/IS)
- Good academics
- Good pH score
- The Telecom and IT infrastructure Engineer must have an excellent understanding of Telecom Networks & IT infrastructure. Demonstrate willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to and including presentations and explanation of projects to upper level management.
- Regular activities include system and network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of junior technicians, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom operator network, corporate network administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department.
- A willingness to relocate as career advancement opportunities when become available is strongly desired.